Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes. Yes. The Hawks are weak. They stink actually. Coming out on top this weekend was a mixture of luck, bad refs, and my son’s team not playing as well as it could. They are not the favorites. Frankly, they shouldn’t even show up in July. Seriously. Don’t believe the scores. Believe me. They are terrible. VLC Black Ops is the real deal!!!! (“Quote”)

The above is beyond absurd. As my son’s team finished early in the consolation bracket we watched the Hawks Black Ops game before heading home. From our perspective the Hawks were in control of the game the entire time we watched. In speaking with Hawks parents we learned the team on the field was their full team less 3 or so kids who were a month or two over the age requirement for WSYL. Instead of replacing these slots with “walk-ons” they moved a few kids up from their 27 team to fill out the roster.

In speaking to Black Ops parents, on the other hand, we learned the team exists in gross violation of the spirit and rules of WSYL. It is a team formed by merging the best on-age players from 4 or so HOCO teams plus a few one offs from other programs. While they played well enough they were no where near the better of the two teams despite the merged nature of their roster. Our family spoke about this on the ride home and our consensus was “shame on you Black Ops coaches and parents”.

Fake post Hawk daddy. You didn’t talk to anybody, please give me break.