Originally Posted by Anonymous
This great. Not.

Lacrosse is life. If you don’t go D1 you are terrible and disappointed me. I should have held you back another year you disappointment. Now we settle for D3 and a solid education. This blows for me as a parent living through my kid.

Signed-

Awesome high school lacrosse player from Baltimore, current Swallow at the Hollow bartender.

It is D1 or bust for many. Nothing wrong with that as it is the way to go at elite level. Elite is only for the few who are willing to put in the time. Sorry if you son doesnt have what it takes. And by takes, most of the elite players with a few exceptions are very close in athletic ability, it is what is inside that puts you at a D1 caliber. At this point and grade if your son isnt on the older side on age or heldback , your chances are slim to none to go D1, might want to set your sights on D2 or D3 .

There are so many D2 and D3 rosters that are littered with MIAA alums. There are many D1 rosters with MIAA alums that dont even see the field and there is a small percentage that actually play

There are 4 MIAA grads on Tewaaraton watch list. Yes it's not like the 70-80s when half the team was from NY and the other half from MD. BTW plenty of those 80s high school stars from Baltimore or NY rode pine once the got to college.