Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Only two games from HOCO yesterday for the 26 Elite Division: 91 squeaked past FCA in OT 8-7, and Crabs beat Looney's 6-5. FCA was leading most of the game, but fell apart near the end. Crabs and Looney's was a roller coaster, but the Crabs prevailed in the end. (“Quote”)

The Crabs/Looney’s game was a great game as the last few have been. (“Quote”)

I saw there was a big WSYL thing in DE this weekend. Why were they not playing in that. There was a lot of quality
competition and expected to see them. What happened? (“Quote”)

I am a Crabs dad and will be straight with my answer to the question from my perspective. First I cannot speak about Looney’s as I do not know the inner workings of their team. As for Crabs, the team did not play in WSYL for the simple reason that over 1/2 of the team is well over the age rule that is part of the tournament. As recently as two years ago the 26 Crabs were not very competitive. To address this the team added in summer 2019 a number of players that were born before the WSYL age limit. At the time the club gave this no mind as there was no intention to travel to Denver for WSYL. At this past summer’s tryouts the team had a complete makeover by adding ten kids who were 2025 Crabs that choose to reclassify to a 2026 graduation year. These new players, most of whom were nearly 14 when they joined the team, clearly did not meet the age rule of WSYL. Again WSYL appeared to not be a factor in adding these players given its legacy Denver location and the team’s history of not bearing the expense of this tournament.

While WSYL announced a change to its location after Crabs tryouts it in no way impacted the focus of the 26 team, which is to be the dominant club lacrosse team for the leagues and tournaments the Crabs choose to play in. The team is well on its way to accomplishing this given the competitiveness of the current roster. While some raise issues of “holdbacks” the team adheres to the rules that apply to the tournaments where the team chooses to play. If it turns out over time the 26 Crabs team has an entire roster of “holdbacks” so be it and expect no apologies for this outcome. Ultimately the development of the players and the scoreboard will speak for the success of the team. My bet is by 9th grade the team will be the most dominant team in the area, if not the country, for the 2026 grad year. Just one man’s opinion.....

At least this dude owns it, it would appear at least 15 of the 2026 Crabs are reclassed players. I would think that would give them the trophy for most re classes players. That should put them in position to be the best 2026 team in the country.

We don’t have to like it but it is within the rules of all leagues and events with the exception of the WSYL. Now the question is will the Crabs back up this mans statement by dominating on the filed?

Let’s not crown them yet... they barely won against Looney’s. Crabs won every face off but one. what would have happened if Looney’s won 30% They won the game on an unforced error leaving them one on one with the goalie. It was a great game!

So 15 holdbacks, starters? vs 3 starting holdbacks. They are a very good team and one of the best. No doubt. But... My guess is they don’t beat the hawks.