Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax played whole teams in their tounament last week in Maryland. They waited until the last minute to tell the teams that their 25 B team would be playing but don't worry bc they aren't that great. Except they played them on one day only, Sunday, and the 25's dominated teams physically. It was embarrassing for Madlax.

How do tournament directors allow this???

It was Madlax's tournament. It was a take it or leave it situation. You had players at up to a 3 year age difference. The oldest high school sports eligible 25's are born in September, 2005 and the youngest 2026's are born August 2008. Madlax also double rosters players like crazy outside of HoCo where they were caught playing almost an entire team in the class level below their roster. Given the scores of the tournament, it wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of their A team players were on the field.

Disgusting.

As someone posted above, Madlax events are in fact one of the tourneys where, let me get this somewhat right, asks program directors "especially those who use an age based category like 12U or U14" to enter in the Madlax grad age class where "most of" their players are classed. I would bet that light weight programs from outside the DC-Boston corridor complain about being classed by their oldest class player, and at the end of the day, ML wants them to attend the event, pay up, and get beat up by the HoCo Elite, or NY/NJ top tier crowd.

1. This certainly lets ML play fast and loose with *their* holdbacks
2. This certainly frees up ML to play whoever the heck they want, because when the Cleveland Hobos LC or whoever, come to play ML DMV 2026, how would they know the players are from ML Capital 2024/5/6 ?

So that's how you end up having a team of approximately half 2024s playing in a 2025-2026 bracket against true 2026 rosters. All these tourney organizers with loose rules are lucky that a kid hasn't been permanently injured in one of these events. Yeah, liability waivers etc etc.