No one will name the team because it did not happen. Not signaling out MD teams, but using them as an example. If I recall three MD teams made the Championship bracket: Hawks, Black Ops and Madlax. It is beyond obvious that these 3 teams took pain staking measures to change their everyday rosters to not violate the age rule of the tournament. In the case of Madlax and Black Ops, they merged kids who met the age requirement from many different teams to replace the kids on their regular roster who exceeded the age requirement. The net result were two, what appeared on paper to be, Allstar teams. In the case of the Hawks there were players on their regular roster who did not play. I am not sure how many there were but compared to the team my son’s team faced several weeks ago one of their most dominant poles and one of the best attack men did not play in the Hawks game I watched this weekend.

It was clear that many of the better non-MD teams had altered their roster in similar ways to meet the age requirement. Given all of this why would a team risk retaining one or two “too old to play kids” on their roster while at the same time they were forming all-star teams and not carrying some of their best players? Reason, cause it just ain’t so!