I actually wasn't the one comparing the LI vs NY numbers there is more than one person posting here. Not knowing your age can't speculate but it will happen in my lifetime. LI and MD will always have a depth of talent, yes, due to generational advantages that can't be surpassed. But the elite offensive talent pendulum is shifting to Canada and that is beyond refute. This coupled with torrid adoption and availability/accessibility to elite coaching will further validate the shift.

Take a look at the scoring leaderboard at the NCAA D1 level and you will see LI well represented; however, non traditional sources as well as Canadian representation is disproportional to your point. I don't include defense talent in this discussion but I am confident that would further skew the numbers away from LI. I simply include offensive representation as to me reconciles with skill.

I have seen Philly evolve from stud defenseman and goalies to now include consistent elite offensive talent. Certainly not taking away from LI success, beyond reproach. However as per the "Outliers" it takes only three requirements. Starting at the age of 5, optimized repetitions, and I would throw in top notch coaching.