Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hmmm. So, Dukes is a just a group of the "best kids" just going out and playing lacrosse. Wow. That seems terrible. The shame and horror.

If multi state super teams are good for the kids and the sport, so be it. We place more and more demands on our children. Should boundaries be established? Multi state teams are here and I can't help but wonder what the next step will be in the evolution of youth lacrosse. A child's game. They can fly around with their college teams when they are older. Maybe they can just enjoy the sport as a child while they are children? That sentiment isn't shameful and horrific. It's one that puts the kid back into the equation. I think a lot of lacrosse parents forget that a lacrosse player is just a tiny part of what makes up a child. My opinion alone.

F@cking Amen.....[lacrosse] is cray cray

Totally understand this! But look at it this way! Duke's Nationals meets once a month. Just about every players is a multi sport student athlete. Every player MUST have at least an A average academically and be a better person than they are a lacrosse player. Yes you must be an exceptional talent on the lacrosse field but that's a given. In terms of raising your children, at least for me, these are the kind of people that I want my kids to associate with. WINNERS! I'm not talking about youth tournament results i'm talking about hard working focused boys who are leaders. We all have those parents on our "REGIONAL" teams who are trashy and have kids who mirror them! They put goals in the net but the people at DN won't tolerate negative parents. Truly though, I've seen them give several parents the boot event though their kids are unbelievable players. We also have those parents on "REGIONAL" teams who's kids struggle or don't care about academics and still spend every weekend in the summer having them play instead of getting them academic help. I'm not doctor Phil. lol but it's all positive when my son gets to meet like minded players form different states. All positive stuff! Winning tournaments is naturally going to happen but is not the sole purpose at DN. Totally recommend every player checks it out even if you won't make the team. The atmosphere is refreshing. They have a tryout coming up on August 5th at Hofstra University! www.dukesnationals.com Enjoy the rest of the summer.

You forgot to mention that there is no age requirement... They are all about win at all costs. it's a joke.