Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys really think it's not about the $? Of course most of the kids like playing.no doubt about that. But if you think this is a game and not a business you must be new to this. Nothing about being jaded. My kids aren't playing in this tourney so I've got nothing invested. Teams and tourneys cost more and more every year, dollars play a factor in more and more decisions. Honestly I'm in a bit of a position where I don't have to pay any or full price for travel teams so in reality rising prices don't hit me. This is a holiday weekend. I've been to tourneys on easter, 4th of July weekend, etc. The kids will usually jump at the chance to do all this stuff. But don't kid yourself. Good luck to everyone. If my son was going at least he'd have to pull himself away from the new xbox.

I don't disagree with you that there is a profit component. We are capitalists after all. Parents have options and the discretion to make responsible decisions regarding what events their kids participate in. But, as far as investments in our kids are concerned, lax is by far one of the better ones. Would you agree?