Originally Posted by Anonymous
Says a parent who's kid isn't on the team...I'm going to Denver. Will be the a great experience for my son!! We played well but not great but once we start practicing our team will stand a shot. Have some HOMETOWN PRIDE!
The Pa teams have no shot out there unfortunately. They will be lucky to score against the good teams. Had better people been in charge of creating a local team they might have gotten more talent.

Stop wasting your time responding to a disgruntled parent...enjoy the trip, I certainly will

The time and money waster is the series itself. There will be one jubilant team that returns from Denver. The remaining kids will wonder why they worked so hard and traveled so far to loose to teams many have played regionally. They won't be on TV and they'll have to listen to their parents talk to them about the importance of the "experience" and losing gracefully. As if the club sport doesn't revolve around the win. Sure, enjoy the trip, but your smugness doesn't make this experience a good one for your kid. You've bought into it and as a result, you have been had.

At some point you will realize that nobody on this forum cares about your opinion on the issue. Also, if your son is going to question the meaning of life because he didn't win a tournament, perhaps lacrosse, or any other sport, is not for your son. Putting aside the travel and cost, your philosophy is ridiculous, why travel to any tournament if your are not going to win. Go ask any parent or player that went to Denver in the past about their experience, you will probably not find one that wouldn't do it again given the the chance. I respect your decision not to go to the tournament (if it was actually a choice or maybe your son did not make a team), so respect those that decide that they want to be a part of the tournament.

Don't care about my opinion? Why do you feel the need to provide a rebuttal? Maybe what you say is true and nobody cares. That's just a sign of our times. The "only my opinion counts" mentality that you are likely teaching your kid is making this world a much better place? I happen to know parents that went to Denver in the past. My opinion is not based on assumptions. By the way, my son could make any team he tries out for. Any of his past and current coaches would tell you that. In the end, your opinion is no more valid than my own. But, I've heard you and I'm sure you believe what you're saying and you want the best for your kid. Too bad you've dismissed an alternative opinion, but like I said, this is the world we live in.

I am not dismissing your opinion, I just don't feel like reading another doom and gloom - don't go to Denver you will all lose statement - to each his own...and great for your son, I am sure that he is a terrific lacrosse player and a great kid..enjoy watching him play.