Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would disagree. We have clubs competing at a high level. Some are better in high school some are better at the youth ranks but the following are all competitive. NXT, Mesa, Freedom, Brotherly Love, Triple H, and Dukes. Sure MD and LI has elite teams as well but really only 3-4 from each of the two geographies. I can speak to 2023 and 2024 and there really is only 2-3 clubs that are elite from each area. I know of really only 3-4 from LI and 2-3 from MD.

On a national high school level we simply don't get enough respect and it really is just a "geography reputation" factor. When schools like Salesanium, Garnet Valley, and Conestoga lose by a goal to Malvern Prep or Sallies does well againsts the #1 in the country. How do these schools not get nationally ranked higher than the bottom half of the MIAA and NY schools. Whether it is Dox Aitken, Matt Rambo, Jordan Wolf, Ryan Sankey, Mike Sowers, Ryan Mcnulty, Matt Moore to name just a few they are all from Philly and all elite. Does the game have more of a footprint in MD and LI asbsolutelty but this area has a plenty of talent.

There is some truth to that; however, with the exception of BL, there are probably 6-7 teams from LI alone (Both 91, Express A & B, S2S, Igloo and Leg a sea off of the top of my head) that will beat all of those teams you mentioned and most will be blowouts. There is talent, no doubt, but the playing field is not even close to level. Geographical reputation is all in your head. Last year, the top 20 nationally ranked teams hailed from 6-7 different states. Good teams get respect regardless of geography.

Actually, the top 25 came from 13 different states:
Md (2)
Ct (2)
DC (1)
NY (8)
Ma (2)
NJ (1)
In (1)
Ontario (1)
Va (1)
Pa (2)
NH (1)
Co (1)
Ca (1)

Spread throughout the country. No geographical bias present.