Originally Posted by Anonymous
Brotherly Love doesn't have a single hold back. A hold back is a kid that "repeats" a grade for academic, social, or athletic purposes. Do we have kids that have summer birthdays absolutely, who doesn't, but that is not a hold back. Before you start bad mouthing teams and claiming they are cheating might want to get your facts straight.

Kids turning 13 this summer are not considered holdbacks? That's and odd view of things.

Get your facts straight! If they are Summer 04 birthdays then they are holdbacks and should be playing 2022. My son is a Summer 05 birthday and plays 2023. I could personally care less about hold backs because we play AA in MD, the holdback capital of lacrosse.
But save me the sanctimonious Summer birthday BS! You have older kids just own it

A few thoughts on the issue of holdbacks. What better simulation for the real world than competing on an uneven playing field? There will always be bigger, faster, stronger, older kids on the other team. Every time a team loses at least one parent will point to the bigger and hairier kids on that team and cry foul. Human nature. More often than not those kids are on the right team. Grade based teams and those who would exploit the loopholes to assemble older teams are unavoidable. This is life and we can complain about it and make excuses or we can take a lesson from real life. There will always be adults out there with degrees from more prestigious colleges, who are better looking, stronger, wiser, more connected etc. etc. As adults, we compete with them every day on the lacrosse field of life. What do we want to teach our sons? Do we want them to run around whining "It's not fair, he's bigger than me, he's older" or do we want them to control what they can, play hard, be sportsmanlike and improve their game?