As the parent of a Dukes 2023 player I would like more context to the "repulsive shame" I should be feeling as stated above. I am slightly shocked to see anyone from the Empire 2023 team make any comments. I witnessed adults verbally berate and attack a 12-year-old child from the sideline. I have played and coached for 18 plus years and have never witnessed such vile reprehensible behavior by adults directed at a child. I would suggest that maybe the Empire 23's take a hard look at the A or B level if they do not like the competition or just remain in their LI bubble. This unfortunate experience aside, I genuinely wish good luck to the Empire players, I am certain there are quality people in the organization that mean well.

The main focus should be about the ability of the players, however, it is about uneducated, misinformed adults, verbally accosting players, parents, and coaches with accusations of cheating.

BL is a tough competitor and was a local powerhouse. Dukes NATIONALS is an age-appropriate team of kids from various states that sought out a more competitive club experience.

You would be amazed how many parents complain yet inquire about participation in the Duke's Nationals program. If you feel your son has the skill level, feel feee to attend an open tryout.

The ability to post anonymously on this forum is the only reason it still exists and thrives. I will be happy to own my post.

JF
Dukes 2023 Parent
(Man child's father)