Originally Posted by Anonymous

That brings up an interesting question...When is a guest player no longer a guest player? How long does a kid have to play with a club to be part of the club? If you pick up a new player does he remain a guest player until the next year? What if he takes a year off and comes back? What if he also plays for HHH or two clubs at the same time?

How about when he starts paying...

There lies the problem, the season is already paid for in advance, presumably by the full time players. Not sure if it is feasible, but the only real way to stop it is for the full time parents to take a stand collectively, but some, if not most, parents would be reluctant for fear that their kid would ride the bench and/or not make the team in the future (myself included if I were in their shoes). I guess the question then becomes whether the practice experience is so valuable that it is worth putting up with the other nonsense, probably not so much for the parents that have to spend countless hours watching games in which their kids see little if no playing time.

Freelance mercenaries will always be available for a low committal, high probability win opportunity. Don't blame them, blame the team that lets them taste the glory that should only be shared among the boys that slogged to all of those practices. Pay then play or go away. Don't take field time from my kid who paid his dues.