Originally Posted by Anonymous
So now the kids are 11 and 12 and you think it is that much different. Most of the good teams the nucleus stays intact. If you don't know that then you must be on a bad team. Sure there is roster turnover but for the most part every team usually gets better as success attracts better players.

Not totally different, but a few really good players. One is a big fast middie that will win every faceoff. Of all people, BL parents should know that a few kids can make a tremendous difference. Take you pole and your middie off the team and you're a middle of the PA pack. You know that is true.

Such is life. It's not a revelation that "superstars" make a difference. The same principle applies to all teams and organizations in general. There are the stars and then there is the supporting cast. Attract, develop and retain the best and you'll have a winning formula. The teams that do this, win. BL does this very well and they're winning. Stating they would be middle of the pack ignores this principle and diminishes the contributions of everyone from the top down.

Well said, however, those words don't cover up the fact that without those two, the team would be a successful club. But they have them and they are. With that being said, that doesn't mean that they are still better than Lax Black because they beat them two years ago. It would be a good game for sure, but I think Lax Black is a better team. My son's team played both teams last summer (oh, and 2 summers ago beat Lax Black by 6). Lax Black was the better team of the two last season. That's doesn't mean they will always be, but unlike BL parents, I have a point of reference that you don't.

You need to get out of Pennsyltucky before you can claim to be better than everyone else.

I can let the reference to Pennsyltucky slide. Anyone who knows anything about the main line, horse country and Northern Delaware knows there's nothing "tucky" about us. Assuming you weren't plucked off the top of some "mountain" in the Berkshires let's call it a draw at the very least. You are right in saying that exceptional players elevate teams, but you're missing the bigger point. My son, for example, is not the middie or pole people are referring to so let's call him one of the supporting cast. How does he support? In a contest for a ground ball, you'd want to put your money on him. Even though he is one of the smaller middies, it's not unusual to see him bend kids twice his size in half with legal hits. You can also count on him for at least one goal per game. Now, populate your entire team with kids like him as BL has done and they win. Add two power players and you begin to dominate. Keep an eye on them.

I don't think that the two aforementioned players are their best kid. Played them in box and they have a little lefty short stick that can absolutletly fly and has some some skills but as they say speed kills