Every age group is different for all clubs.... find out who the coach is, their experience, where they played, where they've coached in the past, talk to them, and talk to the parents on the current team. Make an educated decision. There are tons of clubs, find one that fits your sons ability. Don't shoot too high or low, be honest with yourself so you don't end up having a bad experience. If your kid is the best on the team or will struggle to find playing time it's not the right fit.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well that rules Freedom out because its all dads. Talk to their 2021 parents, no development. Mesa has no consistency in coaching, BL has some good coaches not at all levels, RS looks like they hired legit coaches, NXT is hit or miss.
All 3 are good programs I’m not sure why everyone on here has to be an [lacrosse]. Call the coaches and have a conversation and see what is the best fit.

My little Johnny will reclass this summer. He's a late summer birthday therefore youngest in his class/on his team. Very underdeveloped, physically.
From a coaching perspective, who offers the best at this level?
I give zero Fs about winning tourneys for t shirts. Just want him to continue to grow his acumen for the game and skillset.
Looking for good coaching (pref not by daddy).
Programs we've ruled out:
BL (geographically a nightmare to get to)
RS (I know too much about this program to take a chance)
Programs we're considering:
Mesa
NXT
Freedom
I realize what I'm setting myself up for by asking on this forum...