Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you think that Indiana is where Culver is getting their players....maybe you heard of Hopkins and Princeton guess where two of the best players from each team hail from, Culver and yep Ontario

Hey guys. Interesting conversation going on here. I'm from LI so maybe I can share some insight. From my perspective, having a lacrosse culture all starts with your town youth program. How many teams does your son or daughter have access to and when do they begin? Take my town for instance. I'm from a small town in Suffolk county that is not one of the traditional lax powerhouses. We have at least two teams in every grade from kindergarten through 8th grade. The teams cost about $225 for the 10 game winter season (December-march) and $125 for the 8 game spring season (march-June) and the kids practice about 3 days each week with a game on Sunday . We usually enter a few tournaments each spring as well. Most kids also play basketball in the winter and everyone plays football in the fall, so it's not a "all lax all th time" deal. However, if you go to the beach in the summer, you're sure to see every other kid holding a lax stick or busting out the fiddle stick and cage.

Once you have the commitment from the youth league to do everything they can to make it fun, accessible and affordable for ALL kids, that's when you really see the boom.