Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are a Dukes Parent and you are going to gloat over beating a local club team 9-7? If you ask me you should be embarrassed. My kid played for Empire and we played you in the semis. Embarrassing, you bring kids from all over the place, flying some in and you beat Brotherly Love by 2 goals. Give me a break if you are going to be an all star team in you should have blown them out. Then on top of that the BL dad I was sitting next to told me that Brotherly Love was missing 4-5 key players due to vacations and what not. He said they were missing two poles, fogo, and attack.

Give me a break for an ALL STAR Team that was beating everyone else by 10 goals or more to beat a local team of just local kids by 2 goals...underwhelming.

Give me a break for an ALL STAR Team that was beating everyone else by 10 goals or more to beat a local team of just local kids by 2 goals...underwhelming.

100% agree with this, if you are a "National" team, you Dane well should be blowing out local yokal teams by way more than 2. And, BL is a decent team, but their lacrosse IQ is very low, too bad they don't have good coaching because they would be way better too!

You sir are a moron, the team hardly practices due to CCLA schedule, but Kivlein is as good a coach as anyone out there. [/quote]

It's true, the comments about coaching and IQ aren't fair. They sure can stir up a heated discussion and debate though. I know the organization has a goal in the upcoming year to do a better job working around league schedules, etc., so it will be fun to see what will happen when the kids do get the practice that has been lacking. I will acknowledge, though, that I can't imagine the Dukes National team gets much practice either given how spread out they are. I do like the "local yokal" tag. It says a lot about this group of boys, most living within 10 miles of one another (much different than 10 miles on LI!) that they can compete at the level they do. I like the fact that they make it into discussions like this. Shows they are on the radar. They don't have a big budget, don't travel much and let the competition come to them from all over the country. And, more often than not they beat those teams. So, claims of bad coaching and low lacrosse IQ, etc., is nothing more than envy masked in a false narrative. So much frustration and for what purpose? I rarely if ever read a post from a BL parent gloating and claiming their team is better than everyone else. I get that it can be fun to stir the hornets nest, but some of the comments on here say more about the IQ of the poster than a 2 point loss says about a teams IQ.