Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was anyone concerned with the 3D administration & staff pushing for reclassification? Telling all us parents that we are putting our kids at a disadvantage? Was very taken back. I know it's done often but I thought it was not looked upon in a good way by professionals.

When and where did you hear 3d "pushing" for reclassification?

Not the original poster, but at the 3D camp in Fl, they came right out and said it to players and parents. Plus it's in their 3D Camp book, when is the best time to reclass as opposed to when it might be too late. They fully support reclassing.

I too was there, what they said was if (yes if) a coach said to a player I have no spot for you as a 2017 (I'm picking a year) but I would if you were a 2018, it s then up to the player and parent to determine what s best.
On their website they address reclassifying (it's a reality lets face it) and what they state is when it would be best for players to do so.
They do not support it and are not against it, they are stating the facts.
Fact is, it's not illegal, it's not cheating, it is a reality, which many might not like, but it still happens.
Cheaters are those that put players who are not of a graduating class on a team and tell the parents when registering for tournaments to lie. See it all the time, it's an ugly reality of travel lacrosse and marketing. They want to win so they can sell you on their organization.
The number of reclassified players is not large enough to have the amount of conversation surrounding it.
What's next attacking parents who have the funds for private training or sport specific athletic training.
Our children need to learn that the world may not always be fair, and there is nothing they can do about it other then being hard working.
And, No, I am not a parent of a reclassified player, just someone who s realistic.