Originally Posted by Anonymous
Recognized some of the players, not all. Plenty of players from CT / LI / NY...plus MANY from Ohio, Georgia, PA.
If my son doesnt make it, it isnt because of the holdbacks - many bigger kids, good athletes, but just don't have the lacrosse skills (3D team kids) as many others - that was VERY evident if the evaluators were paying attention.
They said around 3/1 for notifications either way.
Very curious what % of the invites goto 3d program kids versus non 3d kids.
In short, having attended arguably the largest session (1st one), I wasn't blown away by the skills on the field. Anyone from a good club team up here should represent very well.
Best of luck

Great assessment.

From what I have been seeing on the fields, our 2019 LI players are athletes who are very skilled with great lax IQ plus they are tough and they all believe in playing their best game all the time. I too, am interested to see the % of invites sent out to the masses vs. 3d affiliated players.

We, as parents, are using this experience as a teaching weekend for our son. He will get a real look at what the rest of the country has to offer as far as competitive lax players who are all interested in playing in college. We hope that he realizes he will need to hit the books harder, all year round to maintain excellent grades. Playing, training and practicing are never an issue.

We can only support him on this journey called lax recruiting. It will be up to him to perform on the field and in the classroom. Once he is committed to this, he will be unstoppable. He has the resources: top tier club, coaches, trainers and a great HS. As parents, we are teaching him that lax is a vehicle to get him into a school which he may not have thought about attending.

Thanks again.