Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
[quote=Anonymous]All the crying about 3 kids missing the tryout, it was only one. He missed because of a Varsity game. He plays VARSITY lacrosse as an 8th Grader. I think that has to be a valid excuse for a middle school tryout. Every kid on list deserving. [/quot

What tine did the game

End? 10:00 ..is he there leading scorer ..does he play all
Game ?..Think before you put up some lane excuse ..more respect if you show up
..even more if he plays Brine instead of JR
S

yes an away night game... doesn't matter if the highest scorer or not! It is HS Vball and it does come before this.

Anyone who knows can look it up.

This gets better and beter Varsity lacrosse does not play at night. What team? Let's hear it

Oh really, no night games. I know of one tonight started at 7:30. The team the 2019 is on is a playoff team. Enough said. And what's with Gc as a hot bed livin in the past much. Regardless if powerhouse or not still scoring points. Jealous your town didn't ask little johnnie.

You have no clue about lacrosse and the depth of a program. Any good program wouldn't have an 8th grader playing on Varsity. If you dont have enough talented players in 9th,10th,11th,and 12th grade to fill a Varsity roster you have a program with little to no depth. The depth of GC, Manhasset, and other historically lacrosse rich programs very rarely have 8th graders playing Varsity.

whatever, I have no clue! Way to go kid, double digit points for the season, adding 1 more tonight along with and awesome G:A. Giving this kid some time on varsity and you will see how it helps build the program making it a power house in the future. Since I assume you don't already.

Look Mom, dad, aunt, uncle, whoever this is. Because if its not than your indepth knowledge of an 8th graders coming and goings on the lacrosse field is creepy.

I dont want this to be about your kid. It all started with the fact this player was given a spot on a team without showing up for the last tryout. The fact that you said he was entitled to it because he plays varsity in 8th grade is just insanly ridiculous. No one should be entitled to anything except what they earn. You chose his Varsity game over the tryout and thats fine. You made the choice. The fact that others made the choice to go to the actual final tryout should have trumped his previous stellar showings on the field. He was not there!!!!! When other parents are paying and being told that a fair and transparent tryout system is going to be used to determine the team and stuff like this happens it pisses people off.

I have been around this sport for a long time. The fact that you dont know the history of Teams like WM, Manhasset, and GC and other programs shows your fly like mentality. A 48hr snapshot is what you base your deductions on regarding powerhouse programs. GC has won I believe 19 county titles Manhasset 17 and Ward Melville 22. Please provide me with how many your powerhouse program has won and I will eat crow if it comes anywhere near these teams. If you think one player is going to make a powerhouse program you are mistaken. It takes a great youth program that feeds a steady flow of fundamentally sound players to the Junior High and High School programs. Little Johnny cant play every position on the field. Which means he cant pass it to himself or you think he can do that also.