I know all the travel teams on Long Island and I can tell you I know of maybe 2 holdbacks that are playing on 2019 teams. I guess we haven't kept up with the times and are old fashioned in having our kids play and compete against their appropriate age group.

It does become comical when we play teams that have boys who have beards and mustaches. I have no problem with boys playing up in High School because it is allowed and we know what our boys are up against. it sucks when you go to a tourney and there are boys who clearly should not be on the field

Originally Posted by Anonymous
These Edge parents are cracking me up. If I were traveling around with a team full of rising sophomores playing rising freshman at every tournament I would be embarrassed. I certainly wouldn't be boasting on an online forum about how my kids team should be considered one of the best.

For those who are a part of programs who do things the right way, best of luck to all of you this summer.

And despite all the holdback chatter / complaints - Platinum Cup championship game is 91 v Express, probably the least amt of holdbacks, if any

So let me understand , it's ok to only have a few holdbacks ?