Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
3D and JR both a blatant money grab. Throw in lacrosserecruits.com being the clearing house for JR direct viewing videos for a premium and you've got a 3 pronged attack to separate parents from their dollars for 2 solid years up until Fall Junior year when NCAA mandated cloak of silence is lifted only to find out Big Time Lacrosse U never had any interest in Little Johnny in the first place. Instead of trying to buy his way into JR with all this nonsense, spend that money attending select prospect camps at schools that are academically and athletically in reach. It's all a well orchestrated plan to capitalize on parents' and players' insecurities with LR "shout outs" and "spray and pray" prophecies all designed to profit from the growth of a sport that is and will be non-revenue generating for colleges. Just my .02 from experience.

Well stated. I got your point.

As one of the 2019 parents heading down to 3d tomorrow, I will be watching, listening and learning about all that 3d has to say regarding our sons having an opportunity to play for a college.

I will take into consideration all of the points you made regarding 3d keeping parents on the hook for 2+ years, waiting for some kind of a return on our investment, only to find out that "Oswald" was not even on the radar of a school we thought was interested.

Thanks.

For the 8-10 Long Island 2019 8th graders who are going and MAY be on some D1's school's radar, good luck. For all the rest, this sounds like a giant and very expensive hand job…….