Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How can 14 year olds give verbals? How many of them know what they want to be in life? Parents seem to be all wrapped up in this more then the kids. Let's not forget that the most important thing is a child's education. If the child knows what he or she wants to be at the age of 14 then god bless them. The school has to be the right fit or else it's a waste of time and money for the parents and child.
I generally agree. However, are you telling me that you would turn down an offer from Stanford, UPenn, Duke, etc. I can you from experience on the girls side that this is the timeframe whether we like it or not right now. Unless the NCAA steps in, it is not changing. So make your choice.

What are they offering them .. Some of these schools will still cost 30K a year .sonyhe only ones committing are the ones who's parents can pay for it . Not because they are more talented. My kid may want to go to Yale and he is better then 99 percent of the kids out there he still most likely will not be going because of financial concerns . Just an example.