Originally Posted by Anonymous
2019 What is your districts policy on bringing up MS players for HS lax. How do you find out what the policy is? What is typically the hardest part of being moved up. What do the rigors of the test truly prove. Especially for a goalie.

Are there any exemption to taking the test.

My son was asked to play up as a goalie. There was no test that I know of. He had been playing up as long as I could remember so it was almost natural for him those were his lax friends. I wouldn't allow him to go to varsity. Because I thought it would be best to play w his friends and for playing time. The worst part of it all was the diagram they gave us to describe what stage of puberty he was at. They had several pictures of a boys/mans privates and we had to check off what stage he was at. Honestly at that time I hadn't seen his in quite some time so I lied. I really thought it was the strangest piece of paper I ever filled out
I do recall he had a few physical test he needed to take like a mile run so many pull ups push ups if he failed he could keep taking until he passed. They were not very rigorous from what I recall.