Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mr. Hop I think the hostility stems from the ability or inability for a family to be able to afford the PG year. Justin was a great High School player and I dont have any personal information as to why he did a PG year . I have less of a problem with players doing a PG year after High School than the parents that have their children repeating the 8 TH grade. What if a student decided to see the world or join the military for a year or two then enter college ? Just my opinion.

So the hostility comes from those that can't afford it? If so that's ridiculous.
Is there hostility toward those who have vacation homes and Rolls Royce cars? I know I can't afford those things but I'm not hostile toward those that can.
Also, if a parent decides to hold back their kid in middle school or high school then that's their business. If it helps their kid then more power to them.
To your comment about traveling the world or entering the military and then going to college......What's your point? I think that's a great idea as well.

Hop, a lot of us are comfortable with PG years but very uncomfortable with this at younger ages because the size disparity is potentially so great. If you want to moderate us away from posting about that, let us know. But the concern is legitimate and I would hope you can acknowledge that.