Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the crying about 3 kids missing the tryout, it was only one. He missed because of a Varsity game. He plays VARSITY lacrosse as an 8th Grader. I think that has to be a valid excuse for a middle school tryout. Every kid on list deserving.

Interesting that an 8th grader is playing Varsity. I would never ask what town but do you really think an 8th grader would play Varsity in a powerhouse program. How often does that happen? If he's that good and plays Varsity in towns like WM, Manhasset, and GC that have large pools of players and talent. I don't mean to leave any of the other great lacrosse towns out but just naming a few. He must be exceptional. If he plays Varsity and is from a non powerhouse program where a good player with decent size in 8th grade could possibly be the best player in that town than playing varsity doesn't really say much. That doesn't make it ok that he missed the tryout. He deserved it based on reputation, yes. Not going to the tryout means you shouldn't make the team.