Originally Posted by Anonymous
So yes, re-classing = cheating (and cheating another child of an opportunity is offensive).

Can you cite the NCAA rule that states D1 programs MUST recruit 2019s who were born in 2001 calendar year? You can't. The behavior is offensive yes, but it is not cheating.

The only way this behavior will stop is if the NCAA puts an age cap on athletes. No other rule will prevent D1 coaches from recruiting older athletes.

You are right.. I can't point to a NCAA rule or even a US Lax rule. That is on them. Both orgs are supremely distracted by money and tainted with hypocrisy.

I can tell you that most people have a feel for right and wrong; fair and unfair...despite what is technically not illegal.

When you see someone taking something that doesn't belong to them. When a Big Rottweiller is fighting with a Beagle. Insurance Fraud, Taxes, Mistresses, Steriods, Vaseline on a baseball, deflated footballs, etc.

Most of these things mentioned above evoke a feeling of disgust. some are distasteful and some are illegal. We know it shouldn't happen.

Not speaking for the entire lax community, but my guess is that many (probably most) feel the same way about re-classing. It is just not right and it is not in the spirit of the game.

Unless the game is to beat the system instead of beating your opponent.

My son is a 2017 and has made is verbal. Knowing what I know now, if I would have known 10 years ago I would have had him reclassify and them do a PG year. Get used to it it's the wave of the future and not going to change