Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only real issue is that he was put on a team without going thru the process like everyone else. It gives Brine no credence
At all. The kid is not at fault only the powers in charge. legacy took over Brine and this looks and smells bad and it would be very hard to dispute . that and the fact 19 kids from 91 made the team or alternates.They added two 2020 kids to the alternates o make it look like the younger kids should try out and have a shot..one more thing..if you dont think they left out the clubs the alternates play for on purpose then you are naive ..they learned their lesson when they put out the kids that made the team..I guess they are getting smarter

I agree. There is a lot wrong with the process, we can only hope they acknowledge the mistakes that were made and try to do better next time. As for the alternates, the two 2020 deserved those spots. The fogo was the second best performer at that tryout (in other years two fogos are taken to the first team) . The other 2020 kid had an excellent tryout as well, standing out. Many of the other alternates play for Legacy and could have easily made the first team based on their performance at the tryout. You would expect most kids to be from Express or 91, because those are the two dominant teams from LI. I would expect that next year you will see a few Legacy kids make it. Good luck to all the boys who attended the Pride of LI games. On any given day any of you could have been selected.

It would be a breath of fresh air to have some new talent showcased and acknowledged. I believe that's why people sour on these kind of events. It's kind of like the 91 and Express tryouts...teams are already preselected even if you beat their better players. I know of many talented players who did not attend this event because of the shenanigans of having players make the team who did not go to tryouts. We've all seen this before at team tryouts. This is why people get angry. There are plenty of talented players out there that don't play for 91, Express or even Legacy. Perhaps they carry a weaker team but make no mistake they are talented. These events just recirculate and promote the big club players. It would be refreshing to have an unbiased event.