Originally Posted by Anonymous

Not true. The games were based on the brackets that each team played in and were set prior to the tournament. Crabs were already set to play whoever came out of the Hawks bracket. Presumably the theory being that Crabs would make it past the Hawks or whoever came out of that bracket but they knew it would not be Looneys, FCA or Laxachusetts.

Not true at all. Original bracket winners were seeded by record (all were 3-0), then goals against in 1 through 8 order. The 1-8 seedings were not tied into particular original bracket A-H, hence FCA, Crabs, Looney's, etc..

Nope crab daddy. As previous poster stated, brackets were published last week, crabs were slated to play whoever won the Hawks bracket.

Wrong. Brackets were based on record, then goals against. Keep trying.

With all of the close games and great lax this Summer, I'm surprised with the personal bs and attacks. Lacrosse was always a tight community, so I get rivalries, but we have a great thing going here and we should see the same sportsmanship among parents as the boys seem to have on the fields. My kid likes the other teams and players, a little more after the game, and he doesn't care where they go to school, where they are from, or what their parents think of his club director. These kids want to excel and likely play till last day in HS and then have college career. Sportsmanship, respect?? Remember that stuff that our parents were into, cause they would never be into this...

In theory your assessment would be he ideal but have you never had the pleasure of playing the Crabs or Looneys? How is being a year or two older and facing kids that you know are younger good sportsmanship? These older kids step on that field knowing that they have an advantage before the game starts. Yes, the difference due to puberty kicking in decreases each year they are in high school but do not delude yourself. The real players do not respect those gaming the system and those players certainly have no respect for those they need to holdback in order to win. Years ago, respect was earned by playing up - not down. Much has changed and the community has been ruined by college recruiting and the parents who will do anything to make their kids "winners".