Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks kid just committed to Maryland. Talented player, congrats to him

Yes he is. All 3 2020 kids from Maryland who committed to UMD are really good.

MD 2020s:

MARYLAND TERRAPINS
Jack Koras, M, Loyola Blakefield (Md.) / FCA Maryland
Jackson Marshall, G, Calvert Hall (Md.) / FCA Maryland
Alexander Wicks, M, St. Mary’s (Md.) / Annapolis Hawks

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES
Rory Jones, A, Calvert Hall (Md.) / FCA Maryland

NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS
Daniel Kelly, A, Calvert Hall (Md.) / FCA Maryland
Gable Braun, F/O, McDonogh (Md.) / Looney’s
Cole Herbert, M, Calvert Hall (Md.) / Baltimore Crabs
Jack Witherspoon, D, Gilman (Md.) / Baltimore Crabs
Blake Gable, D, Boys’ Latin (Md.) / Looney’s
Michael Lizzio, M, St. Andrew’s (Fla.) / Looney’s
Max Cooney, D, Georgetown Prep (Md.) / Baltimore Crabs

What happens to some of these kids when two-three years from now other kids surpass them? There is some real talent committed in the 2020 class but just as many political moves so curious what the schools do in 3 years when these kids are no longer the best and they have already committed their full 2020 allotment? On and off field UMD and UNC competing who can grabs more youngsters. Poor kids.

Has it occurred to any of you who are hating on the early commits that the majority of these kids will be playing in the MIAA for the next four years? If they are currently standing out on a consistent basis now, the expectation is that they will continue on the same trajectory while they play in the most competitive high school lacrosse conference in the nation.
And I may be going out on a limb here but I'd be willing to bet that none of these kids blame any of their own shortcomings on anyone else. My guess is that they have the guts to self access and the courage and humility to admit it to themselves and others when work is needed to refine their game. Maybe some of your kids should do the same.