Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The amount of negativity on this forum from the pathetic loser Dads who son isn't getting any looks anywhere is truly amazing to me. I feel sorry for all of you that walk around envious of others and spew negative vibes.. How about be happy for that kid and anyone else on this forum who has used the sport we all love to their advantage!! . You are all miserable haters.. Not a shot you are happy at home or in life in general. Truly pathetic.

Congrats to that player and his family! A ton of work ahead but enjoy the journey and embrace all the opportunities that will come your way as a result of landing a spot on a Top Ivy League team!

I think you missed the whole point. I'm sure the kid is a good player and a smart kid too. I'm not making any point except for this: from the perspective of Princeton internally outside this little bubble of lax daddies and bros & club guys, this looks like abject stupidity. And from the outside looking in at Princeton it is also a very bad look. This is a school that represents, albeit informally via a sports coach, that a kid is committed to attend before a single high school semester or grades, SAT's etc? That cheapens out the prestige Princeton is craven to uphold. The point is not a personal attack on a kid/family...it's simply a point that there are certain exclusive schools like, say, Princeton for example that have alums & others chomping the bit to pay millions in donation pledges to secure their kid a seat. These same universities are trending away from that considering the most qualified kids aren't Topper the 3rd per se, and smoking out better applicants to fill out with legacies is a slippery slope. Too much of that and you're university isn't as selective and it more broadly impact the university to the negative. Sports -- same thing, except for that little distinction that the school doesn't add money in the till to do lacrosse knuckleheads a solid.

I agree this guy made my point a lot better then I did. The kid must be very smart. But the optics to the outside world look bad. People roll their eyes when a kid is a early verbal to a "dumb" school. So when you throw in a Ivy it looks really bad to the school. I am just shocked a Ivy would let this get out to the public. I think the smart move would of been to promise the kid a spot but say not to put this out to the press.