Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ahh it was only a matter of time.. welcome back reclass whiners.. Can we all agree that girls youth soccer participation dwarfs lacrosse participation? Ok.. I would like to point out some recent developmentss for all of those who think the youth lacrosse community is corrupt and parents and players are gaming the system.. The Development academy (the gold standard in youth soccer)). There is no higher organization. Bottom line. There is the NPL, Then a step up to ECNL and then there is the GDA (girls development academy which is the feeder program into all colleges and the women's national team... My 2004 bday 12 year old daughters program was selected to join. They also just announced the age groups for the 2017/2018 season. They will have 3 age group combinations. 14's 2004/2003. 16's 2002/2001 and 18's 2000/1999!!! Oh my God.. Next season my little 8th grade girl will have to compete in front of D1 coaches all season long and at showcases against older more mature 2003 ninth graders!!! Actually it's perfect. the following season she is the older age player in the group.. Thats how it works.. So tired of hearing how unfair it is by parents on this forum. Considering in regions outside of NY and MD you absolutely have to combine ages to field teams!! Get over your pathetic stance on how unfair it is that your little Jonny has to play against kids 7 months older!! Ok 16 months older on a very rare occasion. Your kid and mine either has it or doesn't!!!! Signed on age parent..

Ahh it was only a matter of time till the holdback apologists come and and make ZERO sense.
Did you even think about what you wrote?? Your moan and groan about the "whiners" complaining about select lacrosse players playing down and what do you give us as a example..

AGE BASED soccer !! LOL You are Hilarious.. Here is some logic bright one..Your daughter gets a chance to be the older age every other year in your example..Holdbacks are ALWAYS the older player EVERY YEAR!!! Get it..LOL!!!

Here is another one Holdback apologist wise one.Since you are a soccer guy...Boys/Men soccer is the most popular sport in world..They have more youth/HS/College/professional teams in the world of any sport. They go by age like your daughter??? So why does Lacrosse need to give select kids an advantage always over other children?? Does Lacrosse have it right and soccer governing body have it wrong? Time to call up FIFA and let them know how screwed up they are! LOL