Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When you say "crazy", "can't wrap my mind around", "very hard to believe", "feel really sorry", you must have a very strong position on the matter, likely from experience. I wonder if you can give one example of a tragic, or even unfortunate, early recruiting story that has played itself out. I only hear of great success stories, or just very typical/average stories that would have occurred with or without an early verbal. I am aware of zero examples of early recruiting affecting a life in a negative manner. But again, with all of your hyperbole, I'm sure you can educate us with some of your crazy, hard to believe, real life examples that compelled you to chime in on a matter that you can't wrap your mind around. Enlighten us, please...

Bleacher Report

"He didn't ask for this, you know. Couldn't have imagined it in three forevers.

Which is sort of what the past six years have felt like.

David Sills didn't ask for Lane Kiffin to show up and turn his life sideways. Didn't ask to be offered a scholarship to mighty USC when he was just 13 years old. Didn't ask for the national attention, and then scrutiny, that came with the offer. Didn't ask for all that uncertainty while still figuring out puberty..."

USA Today

"In 2010, David Sills V couldn’t miss. On Thursday, he officially missed.

Dubbed a sure-fire college quarterback superstar while still in the seventh grade, Sills earned national attention when he committed to then-USC football coach Lane Kiffin on Feb. 10, 2010. He was just 12 years old, a protege of famed quarterback whisperer Steve Clarkson, who said his intangible quarterback makeup was unimpeachable. When added with genes that made it likely he would sprout into a college football-ready frame, Sills seemed like a good bet..."

Saw the above story on ESPN about a month or so ago and looked up the links to provide a football example.

Lacrosse dumbo.