Originally Posted by Anonymous
Inquiring minds want to know...
Will 2020's (or any other year for that matter) that are already committed, play in showcase events or attend prospect days (other than the school they are committed to)? Just wondering what they norm is

A 2020 that is committed is no where near a finished product. While I wouldn't push to attend prospect days, I would certainly consider showcase events that attract like talent such as the Committed Showcases that have cropped up. It gives the kids an idea of where they stand and what they need to work on. Parents seem to think committed is some panacea. Your kid could be committed, but the commitment is simply opportunity. They could play, or as we've seen ride the bench for four years or simply bow out.

If it were my son, the norm would be to continue to develop and push to get better. I'm sure there will be kids come junior year who switch commitments; with this day and age of early recruiting its inevitable. Poaching can and will continue, and I suspect rise. Kids who are committed can still get looks ...