Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It isn't about the boys. This is all about the Dads living vicariously through little Johnny and being able to brag about where their son committed to as a 9th grader.

I don't agree. There are a lot of options for the 2020's to participate in: tournaments and showcases. Some just aren't very good and there's no means other than word of mouth and/or message boards like BOTC to share experiences and opinions to help make decisions on where you'd like to spend your $$. Some events are pure money grabs and others are well worth it. Sure, us dads will be proud when/if our 2020's get college interest. We as dads have to get involved and do get invested in the process. Would you rather leave it up the the coaches and events? Crazies like Trigg and Cabell? They have their own agenda's. I'm enjoying the experience of living thru my son's lax play, sorry you're not feeling it.

I with you on most of this. But if you think all the owners of these clubs do not have agendas you are nuts. The two named are crazy but they all have a agenda to make money or push you to a specific high school/college.