Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most of the moneyed private schoolers that think as long as it is best for them - that justifies it, versus the majority public schoolers that believe in doing the right thing and / or simply cannot afford to reclass. I have seen numerous "very good" on age players on elite teams reclass and they are top level studs as holdbacks! I have seen kids holdback that are still mediocre players. Most of the kids that commit at 8th and 9th graders are elite players, but I would guess 66% of them are holdbacks that would not be committing to the UNC, MD, JH and Dukes of the world if they were playing with their on age peers as 8th and 9th graders.

This is spot on. It is a clear advantage. People want to talk about the kids who are on age and being picked up early. But the fact is the number of holdbacks /relass/prefirst kids in the 2020,2019 and last year 2018 kids verbal list are one of these three things. They are not on age or younger for there age kids. Its like if 100 people jump off the roof and 3 people live would you say its a good idea to jump off that roof? Point being holdbacks/reclass kids are winning the early recruiting game. And when you talk about there being no money in lacrosse it makes this a even bigger deal. Because guess what if the early recruit gets in to UVA or Duke with a 3.5 to 3.8 GPA and he quits lacrosse guess what the school can not kick him out. So tell me again how cheating the system is not wrong.