Originally Posted by Anonymous
Caught sweetlax play rock and trust me, there were about 20 coaches on the sideline. Many on that team are apparently already committed so doesn't hurt anyone that a team like that brings in the coaches. Rock coach had many teachable moments when sweetlax was running circles around them offensively and dominating them on defense and that's a good thing. You only get better playing better teams. Tournament was for a good cause, weather was great, facilities were excellent, would like to see scores updated, and B teams can get bigger and better. Win win for everyone.

Major recruiting events are not there for teams to get better, rather they are there to showcase individual talent. For a Rock, or an FCA White to go to an event like this to "play against the best", is an example of what is causing dilution of talent at former major events. This Fall, the Big 12 essentially became Indian Summer. Sure college coaches were thrilled.

Rock organized this so of course they invited themselves. Their 2020 had a bump in talent due to a bunch of kids leaving 9 1 MD. I think this is 2nd year for this and you can see the results from last fall on tourney machine. Same level of teams this year. So the big 12 became the big 12. If coaches wasted their times they should blame themselves

There are 70 D1 teams which will have 10-15 freshman each year. That means 800+ D1 kids for the class of 2020. So the math says not all of them will come from the 10-15 considered elite 2020 teams in the fall of 2016. There are kids on teams like FCA white that have skill but haven;t grown. Others have the athletic composition but not the skills yet. Some of these kids will break thru and play D1. Others D2, D3. Some will just play in HS or maybe play club in college.

PLus they were probably there to primarily watch 2018 and 2019

As the original poster, my intentions were to silence critics of the tourney. Running circles isn't meant to sound negative (though does read that way). There was talent on every team and next year, these 2020 boys will all have grown and gotten better. Hearing O.J. Brigance speak was best moment for anyone that listened. I hope our team gets invited back. Kudos to Rock leadership for a top-notch tourney with MANY coaches.