Everyone would agree that man up/down and close games in the last few minutes only the best should be playing. However with the Wolves there are kids that don't get in games or play only a couple of minutes in blowouts. The top 12 - 14 play a lot no matter what the score is. History with the Wolves is very telling. By the end of the year the second half of kids that don't play leave and have trouble making "A" teams the following year and either go back to the Wolves , Go to a "B" team or are a lesser player on another "A" team. These kids were top players when joining the Wolves but the year on the bench hurt them. Remember if your kid is one of the bench players there were probably 10 or more players that rejected Express before you got your invite. Parents have to choose what is right and sitting on the bench of a better team is almost never the right choice. Other teams have great coaching too.I hope it works for everyone but I see no reason why this year will be different from the past.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son isn't a starter and i'm staying right where I am. MC coaching is 2nd to none. If it's down to the buzzer and and it's a close game, the best players should be on the field, this isn't PAL.