Because in school you dont pay what ends up being 5 grand. What the heck are you paying for ? Thats why directors lie, people sign on then get pissed. If the Directer said , "hey, your kids barely goig to play" that person wouldnt sign up.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is not on Icon but on another "A" team for 2021. Icon Does it for $1300. We should all hope they succeed and grow faster than Igloo at $3500. If my son ever changes teams he will tryout for Icon for the reasons this parent states and the price. At 1300 you can argue it is about the kids at 3500 it is all about the money. Good luck to Icon I hope they grow big and strong and keep the prices down when they are on top!
Let me put the jealous and uninformed parents to rest. As an Icon Parent I can honestly tell you Icon only wants to train the kids to play better and love the game. Pat McCabe John Deto enough said !
No other organization represents themselves with such class and experience as Icon. Start the debate in 3.2,1,
Igloo and the rest of the pat themselves on the back 6 grade champion crowd can watch as icon kids develope with smiles on their faces.
Have a great summer 2015 we will!
P. S . All icon kids get equal playing time not win at all costs like others. You know who you are. Karma my friends

I'm not sure equal playing time is the answer to a good program. Why shouldn't the kids who work hard and improve be able to earn more playing time. Why in a close game would you not want best players on the field ? One goal game , you want your team to put someone in because "it's their turn" vs they give team beat opportunity to win? These kids are going soon to JR HS where there are tryouts , cuts and no one cares if the parents complain about playing time. I would be an advocate for "fair" playing time. Equal, sounds like a non competitive approach.

You sound like someone who has never seen a middle school lacrosse game. The land of 5 quarters and an a team and b team format. Cuts not to be competitive but merely to keep the # of players manageable. Many times the size of the team is limited only by the number of Jerseys.
School ball is FAR less competitive than travel. Dont make it sound like you need to prepare the kids for the cold hard world because school will keep the kids who just decided that he wants to try a new sport and he will get equal time in some cases to your junior Rabil.

Sounds like you do not live in a town that plays in the competitive JR HS league. Because the one with Massapequa, Wantagh, GC, Manhasset etc... was!! If they do not have enough jerseys and the games are as you describe you should opt out, complain or move! Does not change the fact that travel sports is not equal time. Why would anyone try and work hard to train and improve if you just wait your turn to get in a game?

This is the problem with parents today. Your kid should be handed something instead of working and actually earning it. That is a selling point for a team!!

Pathetic!!