Your just as bad coming on here all self righteous and bad mouth parents. You talking about emails you received all the while hiding behind your anonymous post. Why don't you man up coach, give us the high school you coach for. Don't think that will happen!!!
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was curious about a top ten list. I asked originally. I'm not a parent I'm a coach and you're absolutely right....majority of those teams will play each otherto very cclose games. another great point you make is the wining parents do and let's face it the majority of them believe that when their kid gets the ball he's supposed to score or take fifty shots a game. here's a good one.....I received an email recently of a father (you'd think it was from the mother) asking me why the other players don't pass to his son often or why I haven't "designed a play" that has him isolated cutting to the cage. I love this game very much and enjoy coaching kids over the last 15 years but I gotta say I'm hanging by the tips of my fingernails to it these days. tired of the complaints and the emails and the wining after a one loss season. it's getting old folks. as talented as some of these boys are on the teams I've coached through the years very few of them play division one lacrosse let alone play lacrosse in college at all. you know who you are out there with the emails and crying pass it to my son. I actually got one from a parent who donated some money to the program and they were mad that their son wasn't the starting goalie. I could go on and on. again these kind of parents know who they are. not only do make the duty of coaching a team uncomfortable but I got a little secret for you.....there's other parents on the sideline who are tired of hearing your mouths as well. listen it goes quick folks. enjoy the ride. youth sports and all. before you know it it's over. and the sticks and cleats and other things are just memories stored away in the attic. your kids will be off and married and on to a life of their own. enjoy these years of youth sports. be positive in the stands. don't be that parent no one wants to sit with or everyone knows is writing emails. people don't want to be around you. like I said.....it goes by fast