One has to admire any team who does not count their players and play even short handed. The Sons went to Florida short handed. Those missing players will be there tomorrow. Should be a great day no matter what happens. Good luck to all the teams who agreed to play.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know Express, 91 Orange and Igloo back out of Tournaments if any of the top 10 kids can't make it. Could that be why they backed out of the Big Tournament the Sons are having this Weekend? Have to respect teams who I know are going there missing players.

Or maybe they just felt they could stay home and play one another and get just as good competition. LI has some of the top teams. While it is nice for the teams to play kids from around the country, it isn't always necessary to find top teams to play. I gather they just had other things going on and couldn't travel on the make up date. I certainly don't think any of those teams are hiding.

That was a good laugh. Maybe "they felt they could stay home and play one another and get just as good"?
Igloo Black, Express Wolves and 91 Orange would not play each other until they must in one or two of the LI summer tourneys.
The Mid Atlantic Madness - Rising Sons tourney features two teams, one from PA and one from MD that went to the nationals and several regional tourneys. They did quite well and many would argue- they are the cream of the crop for those states.

Long Island is sending, as has been debated on this thread ad nasauem, perhaps the 4th and 5th best teams in the 2021 division. However, Icon Orange, and Outlaws Black- both apparently playing shorthanded (missing all the soccer kids) still accepted the Invitational and will bring all they got to challenge the Sons and Bethesda.

The reality is, I hope ICON and Outlaws kick [lacrosse] down there and show just exactly how deep and talented the Long Island region is. It takes courage to go down before the season actually gets going and play top competition. Just like we commend Igloo, Express and 91 for doing it. I couldn't think of two better teams to represent LI once Igloo and the Wolves were forced out due to date change.

Hopefully we hear some good news down there tmrw. I also hear ICON is now playing Outlaws. That is a great matchup - regardless that they are missing all the top notch soccer athletes