Originally Posted by Anonymous
The WSYL require a team to play in two tournaments after the qualifier. How did this Igloo team with Black ice players satisfy this requirement? Lost all respect for this program.

I bet somewhere AA is so very very upset that you have lost respect for Igloo. Everyone forgets from time to time that this is a business as well. He put together the best product he could to represent the Igloo brand within the guidelines of the WSYL...oh the shame! Take a quick peek around at the stuff other organizations pull on a regular basis.

"business", "product", these are kids, you fool. Rules aside, it is wrong in so many ways. Keep justifying it to yourself. Win or lose, it is shameful. Just like what Legacy did last year.

It's a business first and foremost...whether I agree with it or not means nothing...just me smart enough to get the big picture

You nailed it, its a business. It's all about winning and making money. if they win they attract better players which leads to more wins and in return they get to charge more money. It's cut throat, no loyalty If a better player happens to come along then it s good bye to the last player on the bench just like pro sports. The only difference is the pro teams pay their players, youth lacrosse the parents pay the clubs.
The clubs make money of their merchandise, just like pro teams. The parents become walking billboards for the clubs. The next step is charging parking fees at the tournaments ( the top clubs run most of them), then after that they will be charging admission to the tournaments as well. If you want to see your superstar play you have to pay. The parents will come here to complain but will never say anything to a director. they will keep handing over the money. The clubs will continue to develop new avenues to raise revenue.
You don't have to agree with it but its a business, and its all about the money. The kids are just part of the money machine.