Originally Posted by Anonymous
The igloo organization should be applaud today and I'm an Express parent!! Orange and black could have had what Igloo is doing but we have two teams with 35 and 28, a B team where some kids can barely pass or throw! Pathetic at this age! Maybe all the clubs need to look at producing competitive teams, the money will be there, the talent is certainly there! Maybe pass on a few private lessons or be honest and tell mom dad, Johnny not built for this team or this level of lacrosse! I'm not sure how Igloo figured it out, good for them and those boys!!!

What clubs should do at tryouts is pick the top team and then have another tryyout for the 2nd team. Because 2nd teams when orginally picked are good. But too many just tryout for the top team. Then those kids that make the 2nd team say no. Makes building a 2nd team hard.

I agree somewhat but Igloo built this 2nd team out of parents and kids that liked the coach and sincerely wanted to play there. Igloo's tryouts were some of the last so even if kids didn't make the A teams of other clubs they accepted invites anywhere they could rather than take a chance of not making an Igloo team and being stuck without a team. Igloo should really benefit from earlier tryout dates this year.

That doesn't seem like a hard thing to do. Find a good coach run the team. I would lI've to hear everyone's feedback on this once and for all. Would you rather watch your kid play a lot on a 2nd team and watch the team develop and play on a B team. Or be rostered on an A team and never play in a big game, just garage time minutes.

Me, I am selfish... I actually enjoy youth sports and watching my.son play. Don't care if it's A, B, or C. Not playing, sucks and I don't want to hear how valuable it is to practice, and how that helps your son improve. To what end... work your but off and get 5 minutes in a 13-1 game. Get real good on the 2nd team and get moved up the following year.