Originally Posted by Anonymous
80 or so. High talent level.

I listened to the speech from the coaches to parents at the end about some players submitting tape that couldn't make it. Total BS. Did anyone see something about players sending in video to make the team? Didn't think so.

This is another 9d1 crap, Not a fair

Agreed...couldnt help walking away believing the team was picked before the kids got there. Basically did line drills and shooting drills for an hour and then scrimmaged. No 1 on 1 's...nobody looking to match kids against each other .Midfielders in the last group got 1 shift each.Then you throw in the video stuff..yeah ok.Just say that we already told kids that aren't here that they are on the team

It's the worst run event that I have ever seen. They really pulled a fast one. Next time don't bother.

If Channy is involved, the boys not playing for Express won't get a fair look. It's a real shame He shouldn't be allowed at the tryouts. Saw it last year with the Brine event as well. That was not the best LI based team in VA last July. It was obvious that some boys who don't play for him should have been there and weren't because they don't line his orange and black pockets. But it does teach the boys early on that it's more important who you know and not what you know.

I thought the 2022 Long Island Brine team won the event?

They did, but the competition was limited.