Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hopkins is #10 on US News & World Report

So? The admissions standards for recruited lacrosse players at Hopkins are basically nonexistent. You can't compare Hopkins to even schools like Notre Dame or Duke, much less the Ivies or good NESCACs.

Yes you can compare the admissions standards of Hopkins to ND or Duke or NESCAC's, even the Ivies. It is not easy to gain acceptance to Hopkins. It is one of the top universities in the US and there is very little, if any, "bending the guidelines" for a lacrosse recruit. You either meet the standards or are not accepted.

Its easy when you are Petro. They looked the other way!

They were going to let my son in with a 3.0 and 23 ACT. He is a standout lax player. He decided on a different school, but the offer was made.

Bullah*t. Pure BUL*[lacrosse].

True, not just for my son, there are others on the roster with similar academics. Fact! My son would have gone, but we were concerned with the ability to maintain eligibility, plus the full tuition at his current school was hard to pass up! You can believe whatever you want, this is what happens when you are a top recruit, much is overlooked, with the exception of the Ivies.