Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lie I said. It will be the norm, trust me. They will run these teams in the future as separate teams. Separate tryouts, separate practices and extra fees. And that way there will be no whinning about some kid that is replaced for an younger kid in the grade above. All.good from where I sit. You play win a tourney like this.

That logic is not in the spirit of the games. Teams are supposed to compete, not a group of boys (in the case of Igloo and Legacy, a handful high school-bound players on each) who are recruited to join a middle school team just for one tournament. I imagine that this assembly of boys for both programs did not play in any other games, leagues, tournaments but WSYL. Just put a roster together for one tournament. That is not what the overwhelming majority of participating programs did, rather they chose to compete as the true teams that they are, which is both honorable and respectable.

I disagree, respectfully... I have no problem with a club putting together the best U13 players they can as long as those plans are communicated by the club. i.e. the WSYL team is separate and there will be tryouts for the team. If kids are hand picked and other kids are bumped, that stinks, yes. But make it clear that making the grade based doesn't mean your son is on WSYL team is fine. Trust me, the LI clubs better start now, because this event is growing, they have TV and major corporate sponsors, plus a leadership team that knows what they are doing. It's inevitable that Maryland, Philly, and Boston construct U13 WSYL teams. And going out on limb... but I'll guess those teams will be 'Super Teams'.

Hopefully those future Super teams will comply with the rules and play in 2 other tournaments outside of WSYL. Still no evidence that Igloo's Artic Ice or Black Blast competed in 2 other tournaments.