Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]From what I have seen... I am of the opinion that most clubs don't invest in 2nd teams. And people have kids that are tweeners. That means they can't really crack the lineup on the top team because the talent is very high and the 2nd team is an after thought. I have noticed that now the top clubs at this age are making an effort to have very competitive, well run teams.

You think second thought , wait until recruiting starts. You do not want to be on any second team.

That's the problem. People have that think you must me on the A team in 7th grade to be recruited. With all the showcase and prospect days out there all you need is a club reference. That's not to say an A team isn't helpful - it's just not critical. Trust me, if your son doesn't make the top team now, it's okay. Just get good coaching/training and if your son can play come HS.... all will be well. Biggest mistake, getting on to a team and not

No college wants a "reference" from your club coach that you pay. If in top high school , maybe your coach can help with process. If not , you need to be in front of college coaches . Like it or not , B teams won't be able to provide the exposure. Not to play at high level college. Recruiting starts summer of 8th grade. It doesn't make any sense, but that's the state of lacrosse recruiting today.

It more about being the time their parents want them to commit . 9 out of 10 kids have no idea what they want yet..parents want to brag and use it as leverage with other schools to say their kid is the real deal. Answer me this. How does a kid in 9th grade commit then switch schools within a few months. That should say enough of how stupid it is to commit so early