Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can't get middies playing time if you have 10 middies four LPM and a fogo..

Agreed. You can't get better watching from the bench. What's more important, to be on the "A" team but barely seeing the field or playing on the "B" team and getting a ton of reps as one of the go to players?

Great Question. Play on an A Team but don't get in much in tight games but practice with better players all the time or be the go to guy on a B team and be the one of the best guys at Practice.

It's a tough balance because in practice, the best players coaches know and trust, don't really "practice" at their highest levels and the coach doesn't care. Playing against other competition, pushing yourself and making name for yourself on a B team could help at a tryout later! Kid be that stud that comes out of no where and now has a meaningful seat at the table! I think playing lots of minutes is the better option! My opinion! I'm not a guy who knows what is what in this racket but what I think would make sense! Bottom line, I like to see my kid happy and actually learning! Whatever comes after is gravy! God bless and good luck to all of our boys!

At this age I think it would be better to be on an A team so you can practice with better players. A teams practice alot and their only a limited number of tournaments.