Originally Posted by Anonymous
I really don't care if kids are leaving the Outlaws. I don't care kids are leaving Express or 91.

All that matters is the final score when these teams play.

Should be an interesting year with 9d1 experiment gone bad, Outlaws supposed burnout coach with everyone leaving, Express with a 40 person roster, Igloo self proclaiming they are the best team out there. TZ and the Legacy are going to be outside looking in. Just not enough talent. Let's see which team blows up first.

We will all find out soon enough. to be continued...

On LI, although teams come and go and things seem to be sped up, you can go back 5,6,7 years and you will hear close to the same things about this age 7th grade (or there abouts)..

Here is a snid bit of the current HS years around this age.
2017 - Turtles could be the best team ever but they wont last, are they an express or a stand alone team, 91's not bad but who is this True Blue team, Where are the Jesters / Outlaws
(at least they had the oyster bay league in the summer to settle things)
2018 - express or 91 Channy/Locasio which one do we go to how will the split effect the kids, families, What happened toJesters?
2019 - Orange vs White or Mule vs Schwalje. Who is DD. They will all stay away from each other. (what happend to oyster bay league)
2020 - Crush could be the best team ever. It wont last. More orange vs white talk, Who is Legacy, who cares its crush and no one else

history does have a habit of repeating itself (add Pride/Outlaws/Riptide/Gladiators etc - i know i missed a few defunct teams that should be mentioned).

Very few kids come out of no where, if so this is the last year of that, its not the 80's anymore. I have seen the top players really remain atop. But the the most important thing out of all of this is... is that the kids play, they play for fun and realize they play to win. They play for their team and know they are a part of something greater than themselves. But they themselves are important to any outcome. They learn sportsmanship (how to win and lose) celebrate the wins and deal with the loses. Sometimes those loses are far better games than the wins. Just get on the field, the rest works itself out.

Great book not in a literary sense but in the minds of your 7th grade lacrosse player. Called up: A lacrosse story. I know there is so much about early recruiting but let them escape to a time when a kids dream was playing up for your town HS, when that meant something (who cares if you not at a power house team).

Respect those that give it to you straight (sucks to hear) but its better than those that placate you and drag you on and on! Have a sense of reality every once in a while (while still letting your child dream big) you are the parent. No one can tell you want is best for your child, EVER!!!

and it isnt always about the final score!!!

(My opinion, I experienced this with 4 kds - 2 in college recruited as Jr./Sr, 1 Er and 1 waiting, hopefully by Jr year).