Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has the Igloo 8th & 9th grade team played games since the WS Qualifier? If so, how did they do?

Using the word "grade" for this tournament means that you are to confused to be worth explaining anything to.

Agree here that using the word grade for this tournament is absurd and an attempt to diminish kids or teams with innuendo. Of what exactly? If there are kids that normally do the opposite of the sad play down / hold-back / re-class norm and the boy plays not only on-age but normally "plays up" a grade or even 2 if you are talking about a 9th grader being able to qualify by DOB - well good for that kid to have a chance to be one of the older more mature kids for once in his freakin life if he wants. This tournament will hopefully gain more and more traction and will help US Lax and others to get their acts together and realize that playing by grade until 9th grade - is ultimately ridiculous. There are cheaters every where you go - they are literally at every tournament - often times countenanced by the host or tourney directors - its a sham - but it is the unfortunate reality. I for one find this tourney uniquely interesting because it is your only true apples to apples comparison. Say what you will about "the best 7th graders not being there" - but the fact is - if the best 7th grader is 15 well than that's just ridiculous. At 15 we were playing Varsity not 7g or 8g lax. Joke.

Yeah, let the age kids (even if going to 9th) thrive. I laugh at every post that says the bringING 9th graders. It's age based and it's like they can't process that a team will gear themselves accordingly. This tourney is growing and I predict this will continue to grow. E.g. clubs will hold separate WSYL open tryouts and it won't be the defacto grade based team. They'll charge separate tryout fees, practices/training fees, etc, etc and we will coming running.